Aquaculture expert REX-M (REcirc EXpert Mahnke) offers freelance expertise (consulting, planning & managing) in the field of aquaculture with an emphasis on recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS), partial RAS (PRAS) and fresh water.
From an early age Matthias Mahnke has been culturing aquatic organisms. Due to his studies of fishery science and aquaculture (1997-2003) at the Humboldt University of Berlin Dipl.-Ing. agr. & M.Sc. Mahnke was able to scale-up his passion.
Matthias is acting as consultant, RAS-operator, production manager, R&D-manager, instructor, project engineer and site supervisor. Learn more on Matthias` employment career.
Whether newcomer or operator make benefits from academic education and long-term international experience!
Individual project planning, evaluation or dimensioning will be based on product, stocking material, stocking frequency, feeding, productive volume & water supply.
Annual production either will be defined by customer or is limited by site:
- Plot of land – dimensions, levels
- Existing buildings – groundplan, headroom, support spacing, excavation option
- Capacity – well water, tap water or surface water
- Water administrative license – water use, discharge requirements
- Existing aquaculture systems – RAS, PRAS, flow-through systems, ponds, net pens
REX-M offers technical planning, evaluation and optimization of RAS, partial RAS, water treatment, water supply, air supply and end-of-pipe treatment. Layout of process technology particularly is based on feed amount and flow of water.
Machinery, tanks, piping, fittings and packings will be specified in detail both in schemata and drawings. System descriptions are an option too.
- Producer, price, installation costs
- Material, dimensions, connections
- Capacity, power, hydraulics, consumption
- Investment costs, operating costs
- Engineering drawings (2-D)
- Rendered drawings (3-D)
- Block flow diagrams
- P&ID – Piping & instrumentation diagrams
REX-M doesn`t perform only as aquaculture consultant and planning office. Moreover REX-M supports project execution and system operation with on-site service.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Coordination general contractors
- Site Supervision
- SYSTEM OPERATION
- Start-up RAS
- Production management
- R&D – Research & Development