Whether newcomer or operator make benefits from academic education and long-term international experience!
At first hand REX-M (REcirc EXpert Mahnke) offers freelance expertise (consulting, planning & managing) in the field of fish farming in recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS).
From an early age Matthias Mahnke has been culturing aquatic organisms. Due to his studies of fishery science and aquaculture (1997-2003) at the Humboldt University of Berlin Dipl.-Ing. agr. & M.Sc. Mahnke was able to scale-up his passion.
Matthias is acting as consultant, RAS-operator, production manager, R&D-manager, instructor, project engineer and site supervisor. Learn more on Matthias` employment career.
Individual project planning, evaluation or dimensioning will be based on product, stocking material, stocking frequency, feeding, productive volume & water supply.
Annual production either will be defined by customer or is limited by site (REX-M checklist – production planning RAS).
- Plot of land – dimensions, levels
- Existing buildings – groundplan, headroom, support spacing, excavation option
- Well or town water capacity
- Water administrative license – water use, discharge requirements
- Existing aquaculture systems – RAS, flow-through systems, ponds, net pens
REX-M offers technical planning, evaluation and optimization of individual components, systems or entire projects. Layout of process technology particularly is based on feed amount and flow of water.
REX-M supports not only RAS but also concepts for end-of-pipe treatment: Sludge, constructed wetlands & finishing ponds. While sludge water should be treated before if so own sewage plant respectively treatment ponds the superfluous water can be given directly to the bioreactor or the treatment ponds.
Machinery, tanks, piping, fittings and packings will be specified in detail both in schemata and drawings. System descriptions are an option too.
- Producer, price, installation costs
- Material, dimensions, connections
- Capacity, power, hydraulics, consumption
- Investment costs, operating costs
- Engineering drawings (2-D)
- Rendered drawings (3-D)
- Block flow diagrams
- P&ID – Piping & instrumentation diagrams
REX-M doesn`t perform only as aquaculture consulting engineer and planning office. Moreover REX-M supports project execution and system operation with on-site service.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Coordination general contractors
- Site Supervision
- SYSTEM OPERATION
- Start-up RAS
- Production management
- R&D – Research & Development